I’m a climber and climbing coach in Cape Town, South Africa. I’ve been clinging onto rocks and walls since 1998 and have competed for years winning numerous local competitions. I’m 31 years old now and I’ve decided try and qualify for the Olympic Games.
Some historic photos 2006 to 2009
Apart from being a climber and climbing coach I’m an environmental analytical chemist. I hold a BSc degree in chemistry and soil science summa cum laude and BSc(Hons) in chemistry. I’ve worked as an environmental consultant doing investigation and remediation of contaminated land, and I’ve set up and managed chemical testing laboratory. I still consult privately on contamination and water related projects.
I’ve been climbing for nearly 20 years and in this time, I have:
- Won National Boulder league 3 times: 2005 (won open category while still junior), 2010, 2013
- Won the inter-university cup twice 2011 and 2012
- Received Full Blues for Sport Climbing from UKZN, 2010
- Won Rock Masters South Africa, 2018 (Olympic format ie. 3 disciplines)
- Placed 3rd at Gravity Bowl Bouldering Comp (first South African), 2018
- Won the lead and boulder provincials this year, 2019
- Climbed up to grade 30 route and 8A boulder becoming the second SA female to climb these grades in both disciplines.